Firm Moves to New Premises in Brussels
28 Nov 2016
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has moved its premises in Brussels to Avenue Louise/Louizalaan 143, 1050 Brussels as of Monday 28 November 2016.
Commenting on the move, partner and country head, Koen Platteau said, "We first opened our office in Brussels in 1962, at which time we were the first City law firm to open an office here and the opening demonstrated our commitment to growing our business internationally. Some 54 years later and we are more committed than ever to continue growing our presence in Brussels and remain excited about what the next chapter may bring.’’
The firm demonstrated its commitment to the region further in September with the expansion of the team and appointment of a new partner and of counsel. Joining at the beginning of December, Carl Meyntjens will join the firm from Ashurst as a partner* in the corporate and commercial group. He will be joined by Kelly Cherretté as of counsel*.
Koen Platteau, continued, “This is a stellar team with a widely renowned reputation and expertise in local and cross-border transactions, both in Belgium and abroad. Their combined expertise complements that of our existing team and enhances our Benelux and European offering in corporate and finance for our clients.”
To mark the office move and arrival of a new team, the firm will host an official opening in March 2017 with clients, contacts and media contacts in attendance.
New contact details in Brussels
Simmons & Simmons LLP
Avenue Louise/Louizalaan 143
T +32 2 542 09 60
F +32 2 542 09 61
*Subject to standard regulatory approvals.
Notes to Editors:
1. We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We also focus on the E&I market, in particular through our international projects and construction teams. We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
2. Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp
3. For all firmwide news and expert commentary, visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
4. News is also published via the firm’s page on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/simmons-&-simmons
5. For further information, please contact Jodi Young, Head of Marketing & Communications on +44 20 7825 3134 or email email@example.com , or Lauryn McKinney, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org