Firm Advises Chiltern International on Acquisition Financing
15 Sep 2015
International law firm Simmons & Simmons has advised Chiltern International (‘Chiltern’) on the financing for its acquisition of Theorem Clinical Research Holdings, Inc (‘Theorem’) which completed on 11 September 2015.
The cross-border team from Simmons & Simmons advised Chiltern on all aspects of the financing, which was arranged by Hayfin, ICG and Lloyds Bank plc.
The Simmons’ team was led by banking partner Alistair Hill with assistance from Ruth Pearson, Toby Hewitt and Laura Dowley (banking) and Matthew Norris (tax) in the UK and support from the firm’s offices in Spain, France, Germany and The Netherlands.
This advice follows the firm’s previous work for Chiltern on its refinancing in December 2013 and subsequent financings for the acquisitions of Ockham in 2014 and Endpoint earlier this year.
With the increased growth in global clinical trials, the Theorem acquisition represents a transformative transaction for Chiltern and positions it as the leading, global mid-sized contract research organisation in a rapidly consolidating industry.
Commenting on the transaction, banking partner Alistair Hill commented: ‘‘We are delighted to have supported Chiltern in the ongoing growth of their business and expansion of their offerings to clients’’.
Notes to editors:
- We are a leading international law firm with fully integrated teams working through offices in Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and bring experienced professionals to some of the most active growth markets today. Our focus on a small number of sectors means we are able to understand and respond to our clients’ needs. Our industry sectors are: Asset Management & Investment Funds, Energy & Infrastructure, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT). We have a track record for innovation and delivering value to clients through new ways of working.
- Simmons & Simmons is an international legal practice carried on by Simmons & Simmons LLP and its affiliated practices. Accordingly, references to Simmons & Simmons mean Simmons & Simmons LLP and the other partnerships and other entities or practices authorised to use the name “Simmons & Simmons” or one or more of those practices as the context requires. The word “partner” refers to a member of Simmons & Simmons LLP or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications or to an individual with equivalent status in one of Simmons & Simmons LLP’s affiliated practices. For further information on the international entities and practices, refer to simmons-simmons.com/legalresp.
- Chiltern was advised by Jefferies LLC, Deloitte LLP, London, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP (M&A) and Simmons & Simmons LLP (financing). Theorem was advised by Robert W. Baird & Co. and Goodwin Procter LLP. DLA Piper advised the lenders.
- Chiltern is the leading, global mid-sized contract research organisation that listens to client needs to deliver customized clinical development solutions. Chiltern’s team of more than 3,700 works across 47 countries to provide flexible, specialized services, with core competencies in Biopharma, Medical Device and Diagnostics, Oncology, Clinical Analytics and Source.
- Visit our website at simmons-simmons.com or our award-winning online legal service at elexica.com.
- For further information, please contact Heather McMaster, Senior Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3962 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauryn Mann, Communications & PR Executive on +44 20 7825 3764 or at email@example.com.