Umwelt- und Arbeitsschutzuntersuchungen
We have extensive experience in all aspects of environmental and health & safety crisis management and frequently advise on the appropriate strategies in responding to and cooperating with regulatory authorities and conducting internal lesson learnt investigations.
Our efforts are designed to identify and avoid problems and to minimize risks, to avoid commercial and criminal liabilities and harm to reputation. We help clients manage these issues effectively when they do arise and, if all else fails, represent them robustly in proceedings.
Our in depth understanding of the underlying regulatory environmental and health and safety issues, strong litigation tactics and advocacy knowledge makes us a force to be reckoned with.
We frequently advise on contentious matters, and clients benefit from our expertise in areas including:
- emergency and incident response
- dealing with investigations and enforcement
- civil warranty and indemnity claims and related proceedings and arbitration
- criminal work, primarily defence and appeals
- managing risk at board level
- director and officer responsibilities and potential personal liability
- representation at PACE interviews, Coroner enquiries and prosecution defence
- statutory liability
- administrative proceedings such as regulatory negotiations, judicial review and inquiries
- insurance claims under dedicated environmental insurance policies and negotiating settlements under “old” general liability public and employers insurance for historic contamination
- site closure issues and toxic torts
- surface and groundwater pollution incidents
- health and safety governance, policies and procedures.
To contact our Investigations team directly, please email email@example.com