Mergers & Acquisitions
Our international mergers and acquisitions (M&A) team consists of over 200 lawyers. We advise on domestic and cross-border M&A, including public takeovers, demergers and corporate reorganisations, joint ventures and strategic alliances, and auction sales.
Clients trust us with their strategic transactions, appreciating the close partner involvement we provide at every stage. Our lawyers can make a swift appraisal of all relevant points and the ability to distil relevant matters is seen by clients as a particular strength of the entire team.
Our Sector Focus
We combine our transactional expertise with sector experience focusing on Asset Management & Investment Funds, Financial Institutions, Life Sciences and TMT. Our sector focus allows us to bring together specialists from across our practice areas into dedicated groups. This enables us to appreciate the environment in which our clients operate and to work with them to achieve their objectives.
Recent experience of transactions in our sectors include:
Public Mergers & Acquisitions
With experience gained from working at major corporates, investment banks and regulatory bodies, our public M&A specialists understand the legal and practical issues that can arise on a takeover or scheme of arrangement.
Please click here to access our Takeovers and Mergers microsite.
Our corporate practice is regularly recognised in leading legal directories, and other independent bodies.
Examples of recent awards include:
- TMT Team of the Year at the 2015 Legal Business Awards
- TMT Team of the Year at the 2014 Legal Week British Legal Awards
- Recognised at the American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards 2014, in the Global M&A Deal of the Year: Africa category
- Recognised as a 'Significant Player' in the India Business Law Journal's 2014 annual report on the best foreign law firms for India-related work. In the report, our client, ONGC Videsh, praises Simmons & Simmons’ lawyers for being “efficient and smart” and for acting “as catalysts for positive and successful results”
- Recognised for our work by the India Business Law Journal when ranking ONGC Videsh’s acquisition, with Oil India, of a gas field unit in Mozambique as the Number One Deal of the Year 2013 for M&A and joint ventures